Accomplishments in Archaeoastronomy, Mythology and Esoteric Lore
Dr. LaViolette's findings open a new doorway to the interpretation of our ancient past. Aided by his background in general system theory and physics, he was able to successfully decipher the lost science said to be encoded in the lores of the Tarot and astrology. He has found that the first 11 major arcana of the Tarot and the 12 signs of the zodiac both use symbolic metaphor to present an advanced science of matter and energy creation. He has shown that the systems-genesis concepts they encode were discovered by modern science only in the last 40 years. He is also the first to discover that this same advanced creation science is metaphorically encoded in certain ancient creation myths from various parts of the world:
- Egypt: the myth of Atum, the passion of Osiris;
- Greece: the Olympian creation myth, Plato's story of Atlantis, the myth of Castor and Pollux;
- Near East: the Babylonian creation myth about Marduk and Tiamat, the Sumerian creation myth about An and Ki, the Phoenician myth about Adonis and Aphrodite;
- India: the Vishnu creation myth;
- New Zealand: the story of Rangi and Pappa;
- China: the I Ching.
Also he has discovered the scientific meanings of ancient Egyptian symbols such as the ankh, djed pillar, tyet, and aker sphinx; and of the Hindu symbol of Shiva Nataraja. He also has found new evidence embedded in an ancient Egyptian text that supports the belief that ancient Magi performed initiation rites into the Osirian mysteries by entering an underground labyrinth accessed through the breast of the Sphinx.
Furthermore, in the area of archeology and archaeoastronomy, Dr. LaViolette is the first to discover and decode a scientifically advanced time-capsule message concealed in the lore of the zodiac and which utilizes a cryptographic key-and-check mechanism to facilitate cross-cultural transmission of its encoded knowledge. He found that this cipher describes the Galactic and solar cause of the legendary global catastrophe that decimated civilization at the end of the last ice age and that gave rise to numerous myths about the darkening of the luminaries, burning of the Earth, and occurrence of a great flood. He discovered that it relates how an intense volley of cosmic rays, explosively emitted from the center of our Galaxy, had bombarded our solar system and pushed in light occluding particles of cosmic dust. This ancient scientific record inspired him to carry out an extensive program of interdisciplinary Ph.D. research to search for corroborating evidence. His findings were later published in refereed scientific journals. As such, Dr. LaViolette may be the first to conduct doctoral research for the purpose of checking out the validity of scientific information conveyed by a prehistoric time-capsule message.
He is the first to decipher the 13,865 B.C. date encoded in the Scorpius-Sagittarius zodiac constellations and in the Dendera ceiling zodiac. Also he is the first to work out the significance of the 10,700 B.C. date encoded in the Giza pyramid complex, the Beth-Alpha Synagogue mosaic, and in the ancient Greek myth of Astraea. His work has provided new understandings of the ancient Minoan bull-leaping ritual, the Pleiadean rites, and significance of myths connected with the Orion constellation. In addition, he has provided new insights about the constellations of Scorpius, Sagittarius, Sagitta, Centaurus, and Taurus. He is also the first to decipher the astronomical significance of the South American Indian Barasana cosmology which refers to cataclysms caused by the Galactic center. Furthermore, he has elucidated the astronomical and geological significances of:
- the Hopi legend of the Blue Star,
- the ancient Egyptian myths about the punishing Eye of Atum-Re, the vengeful Eye of Horus, Horus' nearly fatal scorpion sting, and the battle between Horus and Set,
- the ancient Greek myth of Phaethon and the Sun Chariot and Plato's story of Atlantis and the Flood,
- the Mayan Popul Vuh creation myth about the Heart of Heaven,
- the Nordic legend of Ragnarok about the death riders of Muspell and the Sun-swallowing Fenris Wolf,
- the Yurucare Indian conflagration legend,
- the Australian Aborigine conflagration legend about the celestial fire spirit Goorda, and many others.